Privacy & cookies policy
Juniper may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
Juniper is the data controller and our contact details are as follows:
35 Belmont Street
What we collect
We collect the following information when you provide it to us in the course of our business:
- Personal details such as name, gender, date of birth;
- Contact details such as billing/delivery address, email and telephone number;
- Payment card details;
- Details of transactions and the fulfilment of your orders;
- Email addresses if you sign up to receive our newsletter;
- If you engage with us on social media your social media username;
- Usernames and passwords if you register with our website;
- Your image if captured on our security CCTV systems;
- Technical information regarding your use of our website including for example search terms you entered, pages viewed and browsers and devices used.
- Processing orders;
- Arranging deliveries;
- Responding to queries, refund requests and complaints;
- Security purposes;
- Processing payments, to prevent fraudulent transactions and to verify identification;
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations and rights to share data;
- To enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- To monitor purchase history, site use and traffic patterns to improve our site design and products;
- With our logistics providers to ensure deliveries can be made;
- With our technical partners being those who host our website and process payments;
- With credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- With law enforcement agencies or other regulators where we are legally required or permitted to do so;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets with the prospective buyer or seller;
- If necessary to protect our rights, property or safety;
- With any other party where we have your specific consent to do so.
- The right to access your data which we hold;
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- The right to have data erased;
- The right to restrict the processing of your data;
- The right to request your data in a portable format; and
- The right to object to how we process your data
What we do with the information we gather
We are entitled to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. We use your personal data for the following reasons:
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You may opt out of receiving these messages at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on UK secure servers. Any payment transactions are encrypted (using SSL technology).
Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We request that you do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Whilst we will do our utmost to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We may share your personal data in the following circumstances:-
How long is Personal Data Kept
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected. In some instances, we are required to hold data for minimum periods.
The data protection laws provide you with a number of rights including the following:-
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at email@example.com and we will deal with any requests in accordance with the timescales provided for in the data protection laws.
If you have any queries or concerns over the personal data we hold and how it is used please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you not be happy with the way we have handled your personal data you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. Please refer to https://ico.org.uk/concerns
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer when you visit certain websites.
Cookies are essential for us to be able to keep track of your progress through our website and remember such things as what is in your shopping basket and any selections/preferences you change during your visit. They allow us to remember this information for the next time you visit our website.
Cookies are not programs and therefore cannot contain viruses or other malicious software, nor do they allow the website to interact in any way with your computer settings or files.
To order products from our website, you need to have cookies enabled, but if you don't want cookies enabled you may still browse our website.
For information regarding our payment security please see our secure shopping page.